Monday, September 24

Pushing Through

First, congratulations to Cynthia for winning the book, "Pheobe's Birthday," by Joanna Johnson! :)

For the past month, I have been the true epitome of "insanity" as I scramble to write about 16 patterns for two "secret projects." The stress of meeting the deadlines for these has been a bit overwhelming, resulting in a sad loss of "inspiration." The thought of sketching or swatching have left me a bit "meh."

But, I am thrilled that at this very moment, I am on the LAST ONE and can now focus on other projects that were pushed to the back burner. Like,
  • the baby blanket for my, now, 4-month old niece Eva.
  • Sweaters for my own kiddos (they've been begging every day).
  • exploring a new shawl design to release (I have this AMAZING yarn from Western Sky Knits that is demanding to become something beautiful, yet simple).
  • finishing my first sock book.
The good news is that because the much-desired Fall season is approaching (can you feel the crispness yet?), I am feeling a bit more motivation to push through and dig back in to my creative self. How about you? Has the Summer drained you of energy? Are you feeling the pull to dig in to your fiber stash? What's on your to-do list for knitting this Winter? 

No comments:

Post a Comment