Saturday, May 30

The Perils of Sock Knitting

I'm not kidding. Sock knitting is a dangerous venture. With needles flying faster than the speed of sound (at least, I imagine they are), the risks posed are quite high. I can easily entertain the idea of a poked eye, stabbed finger, but in my particular case, it involves the destruction of clothing. Yes, clothing. Shirts to be more specific. I counted 16 of my shirts peppered with b-b-gun like holes:
100_3943

100_3942

Sigh... it's a terrible thing to have to discover. But, ah well, I've made a bit of money the past few weeks, so a whole new shirt wardrobe was in order. Now I knit with a thick apron over my lap at home. The perils, I tell ya.

There are a few other risks, but I will just mention one for now and that is the sensation of being overwhelmed! I'm currently testing a sock pattern for Janel's new book (big secret until it is released, so hush!), trying to keep up to date with a blog, working with a graphic's artist for a new logo, playing around with some new designs, swatching fun yarns, listing the Anu Sock Pattern officially for sale, and finishing up sock orders. Whew! Is your head spinning yet? Here's some finished project pics to help you re-focus....
Sock close up

100_3949

100_3952

Swirl Socks

K3P2 Ribbed Socks

Yum, huh? LOL

Don't be afraid to order a copy of my new pattern, available from Ravelry or my Hyena store.

No comments:

Post a Comment